We want people who are passionate about building high-performing teams and creating experiences that your peers will love.
DigitalOcean’s Developer Tools organization helps remove friction for our customers by providing a simple, yet scalable environment to engage our products and services. We serve a passionate developer community that has grown to love our straightforward pricing, easily configurable infrastructure and intuitive tutorials that helps create and run their software in the cloud.
As a software engineer within Developer Tools you will be responsible for thinking about how to present complex cloud infrastructure as simple, configurable tools for our customers. You will have input into how products and services are positioned together so that developers can scale their systems on DigitalOcean, and work with the broader engineering organization to align the strategy to get there.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Designing, writing and running the systems that provide an intuitive experience for developers as they engage DigitalOcean products and services
- Working with other engineers to build performant systems, that take into account testing, monitoring, alerting, build pipelines and deployment to multiple systems
- Collaborating with other teams on how we can improve our systems to provide better visibility into dependencies
- Researching emerging tools, trends and methodologies and enhancing existing systems and processes to use them
- Working with interesting technologies such as Go, Rails, Docker, Sentry, Prometheus, CI/CD pipelines and more
- Contributing back to the open source software that we rely on
What We'll Expect From You:
- A good concept of scale and a desire to help create and run highly reliable and performant distributed services
- A healthy respect for tests, and their relationship with distributed architectures and continuous integration
- An ability to work at multiple levels of the stack
- A fluent Linux shell user with good understanding of Linux operating systems
- Proficiency with the use of datastores like MySQL, Postgres and/or Redis
- Proficiency in at least one of the following languages: Go, Ruby, Python or Java
- Experience with Docker, CI/CD pipelines like Go CD, consuming and creating Lifecycle Events, etc