About Pocket Media
Pocket Media (Amsterdam, 2012) is a Mobile Media Agency specializing in mobile display and video advertising. With an international team of mobile experts, we offer support from strategy to implementation and optimization. We represent multiple large international brands and are helping 100’s of app developers finding the right consumers for their products. Our years of experience in Performance Based Advertising makes us a frontrunner in four verticals: App Installs, Trading Desk, Native Ad Solution and Mobile Entertainment. Pocket Media operates worldwide in more than 180 countries and has offices in Amsterdam and Singapore.
As a Go software engineer, you’re responsible for developing new software based on best practices. You don’t reinvent the wheel by making use of the existing packages. Create low maintenance, highly tested software, setting software coding guidelines and willing to be part of architectural decisions. The current stack is dockerized with a usage of Mesos, Kubernetes and AWS services.
The team is new with only 4 developers (internationals) where we apply good engineering practices with clean, testable software, code reviews, and agile scrum development.
- A strong foundation in Computer Science (data structures, software design)
- MSc degree in Software Engineering
- 2+ years of experience with Go
- 2+ years of experience with Java
- 5+ years of experience in server side development
- Solid knowledge of RESTful Web services
- Having interest in machine learning
- Following best practices as primary guideline
- Willing to learn new things every day
- Eager to make yourself and the team better every day
- A passion for delivering high-quality testable code
- Experience with writing unit and integration tests
What we offer
We offer a position in a young, dynamic and international team, made up of 18 nationalities, that has put its footnote in the international market. In this role, you will get the opportunity to grow with the company. On top of a competitive base salary we offer the following company benefits: flexible working hours – contribution to your Pension plan - free monthly massages - employee referral program - fresh lunch with salad bar four days a week – team building events every quarter – Dutch lessons – fresh fruit daily - boot camp - Friday beers.
How to apply
Contact directly the CTO (Adrian Moreno) at firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply via our job board https://pocketmedia.has-jobs.com/go-software-engineer-amsterdam/139735/0