Our mission is to build new economies by enabling our partners to compensate their content creators for the digital goods and services they produce. Here on the Ecom engineering team, we accomplish this by building a growing set of financial capabilities on top of our regulatory licenses. Some of these capabilities include processing payments and payouts, verifying user identities, detecting fraud and enforcing sanctions. Additionally, these systems have an expanding set of tools around them to be used by our partners and customers.
We write code that lets users sell digital hats in video games and get paid real money.
This position is for a Senior Software Engineer - Go on the Ecom team. The primary responsibility is to design and build the APIs that facilitate our capabilities. This is a fast-paced team and we are responsible for the full life cycle of our code. We break large systems down into component parts to be concurrently worked on, which requires that we be in lock step with each other. This means we highly value dependability and communication. We are iterative in nature, both as it applies to the code as well as our own processes. We build cool stuff, we weigh risk/reward, and when we make mistakes, we respond quickly and together and without blame. This is a team in the truest sense.
- Take features through their entire lifecycle - design, implementation, test, documentation, deployment, production monitoring, outage response, and usage analysis
- Design the API spec and implement it, to enable core business capabilities around payments, payouts, identity verification, fraud detection, sanction enforcement, and tooling
- Communicate not just with the team, but also directly with our partners and vendors
- Participate in our culture of continuous improvement to make both the tech and the team even better
- Learn about and contribute to financial technology
- Experience with Golang
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with UNIX/Linux
- Broad exposure to common web technologies
- Proficiency in scripting languages
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively in a remote environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 6 years of experience in web software engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent experience
What we use and teach:
- Golang, MySQL, Python, Docker
- Docker, Drone, Jenkins, Amazon Web Services, Terraform
- Automated testing
- Continuous Integration and Deployment
- Microservices and Function architecture
How to apply
Submit your resume at https://www.lindenlab.com/careers?gh_jid=4312959003
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.