Are you an experienced software engineer with a desire to make green & sustainable practices the norm?
A London-based company specialising in large-scale renewable energy storage solutions have an opportunity for an experienced software engineer to join their growing team.
They want to hire someone who approaches software with a curious & positive mentality; the kind of thinking they feel is critical to bring about a much needed change to the green energy sector.
A small company themselves, they are partnered with some of the biggest global energy firms in their journey to bring about a more efficient & cost-effective means to supply green energy to the planet.
Their software engineers primarily use:
- Go / Golang
- AWS as their chosen cloud service for infrastructure
- NoSQL Databases (Cassandra & MongoDB)
- CI / CD
If you’re experienced with the above, fantastic. Otherwise, they’re looking for applicants with the following traits:
A desire to work with Go
Some knowledge of networks & infrastructure-as-code
3 years+ of Java / C++ / Python experience – they would like someone with exposure to a strong scripting language.
Cloud native exposure.
Knowledge of building microservice architectures.
An ability to develop automated software.
Why Do People Join Typically Join This Company?
- Working within the low-carbon energy space, the entire company are committed to bringing about an essential change to the world we live in.
- They build complex systems from scratch, meaning the technical challenges remain interesting day to day for software engineers in particular.
- They have built a culture around two tenets - personal development & having fun.
Remote & Flexible Working:
This company are currently working remotely in line with government guidelines; in the future, they hope to return to working out of their offices whilst retaining a healthy approach to those who prefer to work from home.
If you’d like to know some more details about the company,
How to apply
If you're interested in hearing some more details, including what kind of benefits, flexibility & the collaborative working culture they offer please send a CV to me (Iain Brook) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.