Centralway’s focus is on developing products to manage banking transactions and assets. The platform provides banking services for the consumer, as well as the development and implementation of banking software towards financial institutions. We are currently looking for a Backend Engineer, at the earliest possible start date, to strengthen our position in the industry.
This role is based at Centralway Headquarters, Zürich.
Your responsibilities will include the continuous development and improvement of the current backend and service architecture of Centralway Numbrs.
You will administer and support our backend API, databases and other components. Researching and remaining up-to-date with the latest technologies will help you to implement scalability and redundancy in all parts of the application. In close cooperation with the various departments of Centralway, you will continuously develop and improve the backend structure, based on the product vision.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in computer science, or equivalent work experience relevant to the role
- Experience in at least one modern, object-oriented programming language, such as Golang, Java, C++, etc.
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language (Ruby, Python, Perl or other)
- Experience with Git and continuous integration, with a passion for benchmarking and optimisation
- Excellent communication skills in English, German is an advantage
- 5 years of experience as a software developer, preferably in backend development
- Comfortable working with Golang on a microservice-oriented architecture
- Comfortable with DevOps tasks and deployment tools such as Ansible, Puppet or Chef
Centralway’s technology approach
Centralway is assembling teams of the most talented people in technology, with the goal of creating the world’s leading mobile banking platform.
The Mobile Banking App Centralway Numbrs is the most famous banking application in Germany.
Only the most cutting-edge technologies are used, including Golang and Microservice-oriented architecture, and we are constantly innovating.
Our learning culture encourages keeping up to speed with the latest industry developments. Please visit our career website for more information about the company and the work environment.
About our Infrastructure
- Go programming language.
- Elastically scalable Microservices.
- Hosted on AWS
- More than 1 billion API requests.
- More than 100,000,000 new events daily.
- Thousands of concurrent users.
- Connection to more than 3,500 financial institutions.
Centralway expects passion and commitment from our employees in order to reach our goals. Our unique working environment has been tailored to this purpose:
- Café and restaurant
- Air-conditioned cinema
- Free breakfast and lunch buffets, snacks and ice-cold drinks
- Sports club
- Fitness studio
- Many extra perks and benefits