At Docker Inc, we are building tools for mass innovation that enable developers and administrators to build, ship and run distributed applications using container technology. Docker containers wrap up a piece of software in a complete file system that contains everything it needs to run: code, runtime, system tools, system libraries – anything you can install on a server. This guarantees that it will always run the same, regardless of the environment it is running in.
We think that containers and our ecosystem of services and products are the future, and will soon become ubiquitous. That's why we launched Docker, and are quickly building out a commercial ecosystem named Docker Datacenter.
With Docker Datacenter, organizations are empowered to deploy a Containers as a Services (CaaS) on-premises or in your virtual private cloud. It includes:
- Universal Control Plane (UCP) with embedded Swarm for integrated management and orchestration of the Docker environment
- Trusted Registry (DTR) for Docker image management, security, and collaboration
- Commercially supported Docker Engine for a robust container runtime
As an engineer on the team you will be working on features provide end-to-end workflows and visibility for installation, configuration, multi-datacenter deployments and monitoring of clusters and applications. Solving challenging engineering problems will include features around cross-datacenter replication, applications as a first class citizen on the Docker stack, image security (scanning, signing), visibility to containers and Docker hosts, ops troubleshooting, automation for running applications at scale, integrating the full suite of Docker products etc. You will also actively contribute to open source Docker projects such as Swarm, Registry, Engine, Compose, etc.
- Contribute to the newest Docker projects (specifics to be discussed during the interviews).
- Contribute to “The Docker Project,” which means contributing patches, and reviewing/merging pull requests from the open source community.
- Work on Docker’s server-side applications.
- Participate in product discussions, influence the roadmap, and take ownership and responsibility over new projects to make them happen.
- Be an ambassador for the Docker brand.
- Fluent in either Python or Go! (Java/Scala polyglots also welcome).
- Proficient in SASS, GIT, SVN, Grunt, and/or Gulp.
- Familiar with network protocols; the lower layers like IP, TCP, and UDP; and the higher layers like HTTP.
- Familiar with test driven development (TDD), & service oriented architecture (SOA).
- Can re-articulate past real world experiences scaling large applications.
- Start up experience preferred.
- Computer Science degree.
How to apply
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.