MessageBird is a Cloud Communications Platform (CPaaS) that enables consumers in virtually every corner of the planet to connect with businesses in the same way they connect with their friends - seamlessly, on their own timeline and with context. We’re one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world and we’re looking to expand our Engineering Team with an experienced Software Engineer.
As a Software Engineer, you will be an integral part of one of our product-engineering squads, and responsible for designing, developing, maintaining and supporting our communication products and related services.
We seek to deliver reliable, secure and maintainable applications, enabling our customers to send out millions of SMS messages per day; place voice calls via our REST API; gain real-time insights using our Dashboard and reach out to their consumers via IM platforms like WhatsApp.
Our product-engineering squads have the freedom, end-to-end responsibility and authority to create impactful products to empower both our internal and external customers. We operate using an agile development methodology, deploying code multiple times per day while always making sure that our applications are rigorously automatically tested and statically analyzed.
In return, you’ll gain access to one of the most fun, open, and ambitious groups of people working all around the globe. We push each other to be our ultimate best and are the kind of company that will make you feel happy about getting out of bed to come and work every morning.
Our Tech Stack:
- Yii2 / Symfony
- Docker / Kubernetes / Prometeus / Terraform
- Help design and build a performant system
- Work as part of a team to design scalable and fault-tolerant communication platforms
- Refactor legacy parts of the system to sustain team and company growth.
- Work with other engineers on the team to solve difficult but exciting system design and implementation problems.
- Work with, and enable engineers on other teams that interact with the platform.
- Be part of a self-steering team, where you take decisions together on the project you’re working on.
- You will flourish working in a hyper-growth environment where priorities change fast.
Skills and Qualifications
- At least 3 years of relevant software development experience
- Experience in one or more programming languages, including but not limited to; PHP, Golang, Ruby, Python, Java, and/or C#
- Experience with scalability and high availability systems
- Previous experience working with distributed systems
- Practical and theoretical knowledge of software design
- Experience with refactoring legacy systems would be a plus
- Prior experience working with test-driven development would be a bonus
- Ability and desire to learn (fast)
- Top-notch work equipment (MacBook, Large screen, Bose headphones, etc.)
- We are a team of foodies, so every day, lunch is on us. Better said, our private chefs are serving great food all day long!
- Friday after-work drinks at the office
- MessageBird swag to keep you looking fresh in summer and feeling warm in winter
- Weekly kickboxing classes on our rooftop - yoga upcoming
- The occasional company trip (the last ones took us to Finland and Thailand).
- Occasional company and team outings (dinners, paintball, bubble ball, LAN gaming, movie night, etc.).
- A swanky new, spacious office with a ping pong table, Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Sega and PS4.
- An exceptionally bright, talented and fun bunch of colleagues, hailing from more than 43 countries.
How to apply
Work with us and build the data-driven telecom company of the future! MessageBird is an equal opportunity employer. If you think you meet these requirements, send your application letter and resume to this link: https://grnh.se/0a1cc3a02
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please let us know so that we can keep the jobs all about Go.