Ever thought about what you would do if your Twitter account, Instagram or Facebook suddenly disappeared, or your digital footprint vanished? How would you retrieve memories of significant events? How would you feel if the last 2, 3 or 5 years of your personal history was unexpectedly gone… forever?
Welcome to MirrorWeb. Our cloud-native web and social archiving technology allows organisations to create permanent, immutable records of all online communications. Archive the UK’s digital history from the Magna Carta to the present day? We’ve done it. Made The National Archives one of the highest hit UK websites? We’ve done it. Prepared the UK for Brexit by archiving the entire library of EU law? We’ve done that too.
We now live in a digital world, and everything not saved, will be lost.
If you want to work somewhere with a real purpose, preserving history for our future generations and make a huge impact… look no further – come and work for MirrorWeb!
The MirrorWeb Story so Far
Our clients include organisations such as the UK Government, the Library of Congress, BBC, through to brands such as Pernod Ricard, who want to archive their digital legacy. Through our work with public sector clients, we’ve attracted the attention of regulated firms, and we now also work with global financial services firms to ensure they meet financial compliance requirements. Not only is that a huge market, but one that presents some stimulating technical challenges for developers too!
It’s been an exciting journey over the last two years! We’re now working with Go to create more scalable, robust services. This has created an opportunity for an experienced Go Engineer to join our team!
You’ll be working in our existing Go team, reporting to our Principal Go Engineer. As well as mentoring our existing developers, you’ll also be grappling with some interesting tech challenges! Here’s what you’ll be doing:
• Championing best practices for software development including testing, as well as improving the current code base to ensure robust, proficient, maintainable projects.
• Collaborating with our UI team and other development teams to ensure flawless delivery of back-end services and APIs.
• Being able to think outside the box to solve technical challenges, with best practice and scalability in mind!
• Beginning to mentor junior and mid-level developers.
What we’re looking for
You’ll have at least 2 years of commercial experience with Go, ideally delivering enterprise applications, with the following:
• Strong experience of developing cloud-based solutions.
• Passionate about writing performant Go; experienced in troubleshooting and resolving performance issues, in-depth knowledge of scalability.
• Experienced in using Go concurrency effectively.
• Proven track record of developing and maintaining fast, scalable and well documented back-end services and APIs.
• Experienced with SQL based databases, knowing how to optimise and use them effectively.
• Passionate about personal development, upskilling, coaching and mentoring junior developers
• Experience of working with various methodologies such as agile.
• Dedication to ensuring the relevant testing processes are in place to meet best practice.
• Knowledge of AWS would be highly advantageous.
• Knowledge of the current trends in microservices and architecture would be highly beneficial.
• Full stack development experience
• Experience in using Next.js and React
• Experience using Terraform
You’ll be a self-starter with a wealth of experience from a professional software development environment. Ideally, you’ll also have been a champion of building reliable back-end services that are made of simple, easy to understand building blocks, hungry to make your mark in a fast-growing mid-stage start-up.
What do you get?
We are the world’s no.1 provider of web archiving services. Aside from this role being a key contributor to our product development, you’ll also benefit from:
• 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
• Company Pension Scheme
• MacBook Pro and relevant Apple Accessories
• Free fruit, tea and coffee (we have awesome barista coffee machines)
• Company socials (fancy joining our Tough Mudder team next year?)
• Last but not least...... a positive, motivating work environment with awesome colleagues!
How to apply
If this role sounds right for you, please email your CV including salary expectations to Jamie Hoyle, Head of Development, at email@example.com and we’ll be in touch!
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.