You’ll be joining the SaladCloud group, helping large-scale enterprises move to massive-scale, geo-distributed infrastructure. You’ll be contributing to the design and development of high-performance networking solution to power distributed applications running at-scale across thousands of machines. You’ll work closely with our internal platform team to integrate CDN and VPN workloads into our core experience. You’ll work closely with our partners to understand their unique networking requirements, and you’ll optimize the flow, performance, and reliability of traffic across the cluster. You’ll continue to work to evolve the service into a global-scale mesh networking layer to power both server-client and peer-to-peer distributed applications.
The SaladCloud group introduces new compute workloads to the Salad ecosystem. Our distributed network has already supplied over 8,000 years of processing uptime to Ethereum and dozens of other cryptocurrency networks, and Salad users will soon contribute spare bandwidth to support some of the world’s most popular CDN & VPN services.
- Work closely with the product manager, stakeholders, and partners, to help shape technical requirements and specifications
- Collaborate on a cross-functional team to learn from and share knowledge with coworkers in a fast paced work environment
- Design, implement, and improve the capabilities, performance, and reliability of the system
- Work independently to follow through on assignments with minimal direction and take action when answers to a problem are not readily apparent in equivocal situations
- 2+ years professional experience with Go
- Strong understanding of network protocols including IP, TCP, UDP, DNS, TLS, and HTTP
- Strong understanding of network security fundamentals and best practices
- Proficiency optimizing networked applications on Windows and Linux platforms
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, for success in a fully remote, asynchronous work environment
- Possess excellent communication skills with a keen ability to articulate complex technical challenges and solutions
- Possess skills necessary to apply agile methodologies in day to day activities
- Minimum Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related engineering discipline
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.