Fresh8 Gaming is hiring for a mid-level back end software engineer.
We'll provide cross-training to learn Node.js, Python and Golang - the popular language from Google - to advance the technology that underpins our high throughput content serving platform.
This is a chance to learn Golang from the team that has been using it in production for over four years and quickly you'll be contributing writing clean, well tested code.
Golang is a static compiled language, notable for its simple syntax, built-in concurrency support, and feature-rich standard library. It's aimed at helping Developers build apps at Google's scale and speed, including projects such as Docker and Kubernetes, with a focus on rock-solid performance and ease of use. Go is seeing rapid development from Google, and is backed by a growing ecosystem of developers and projects.
Our philosophy is to use the right tool for the job, choosing Hashicorp Consul for health checks and distributed service discovery, Docker (Moby) for streamlining development and integrations tests, Aerospike for super fast persistent key value storage, Google BigQuery for storing a huge amount of our analytics data ready for machine learning, and Google PubSub as an asynchronous messaging queue. We also use Postgres and Redis, both of which have been battle tested over a number of years in enterprise environments.
We’re about collaboration and openness, with a fairly flat team structure. We’re fast moving and we iterate and ship code fast. We offer a strong technical challenge and ongoing personal development from the many milestones ahead. We believe in open source and contribute wherever possible, check us out on Github.
We're currently working on
- Using the speed of Go to scale incoming requests to 10k per second
- Enhancing analytics data for training neural networks to create a behaviour-driven recommendations engine
- Investigating automation and code generation to drive developer efficiency
- Combining Docker with CircleCI workflows to test our microservice infrastructure and provide continuous delivery
- Positive, hard-working and easy to get on with
- Proven OOP skills, particularly at the middle and back end layers
- Competent in writing Web services, using XML and JSON
- Competent with SQL, and you welcome chance to work on a high throughput database
- Ready to understand, modify and extend APIs
- Can soon apply the principles of clean code through TDD, pairing and review
We'll help you get up to speed on our technology mix
Golang | microservices | Node.js | Python | BigQuery | Prometheus | PostgreSQL | Redis | distributed systems | Google Pub/Sub | GCP technologies | machine learning | data mining | Kanban | TDD | and more...
Salary and benefits
- £30,000 – £40,000+ negotiable
- Flexible working practices | 25 days paid holiday | a broad range of practical benefits provided via Perkbox | opportunities to grow your skillset using the latest technologies | personal development time/resources/conferences budget | choose your own hardware | bike scheme | broader benefits package and auto enrolment pensions scheme to be introduced late this year | team outings and inter-office socials, we have offices both in Bristol and London | our whole stack is based on open source, we've contributed to frameworks and plan to share reusable components from our application
Fresh8 Gaming has created software that instantly connects sport fans with personalised bets. Our marketing automation technology delivers rich messaging, a simpler user experience and increasing profitability to the sports betting industry. Our platform utilises open source, machine learning and runs in the cloud at scale, supporting millions of users worldwide.
Our success to date speaks for itself. Our Engineering team has grown to 15 strong across offices in Bristol and London. Since 2014, we have landed a series of awards including Services Rising Star at EGR B2B Awards last year and have recently landed a new injection of funding to continue our rapid growth.
Our platform generates dynamic and personalised adverts on behalf of gaming operators and publishers and our clients include BetStars, BetVictor, Coral, Ladbrokes, Sky Bet, The Telegraph and William Hill. http://fresh8gaming.com
Location: central Bristol, by Temple Meads
RECRUITERS: Fresh8 Gaming has selected techfolk as our recruitment partner for this role and cold calling is not welcomed
How to apply
Even if your CV isn't ready, please talk with Vittoria at techfolk to find out more: 0117 318 2447| email@example.com | @we_are_techfolk You may apply via: http://techfolk.co.uk/current-jobs/software-engineer-learn-go-nodejs-python-central-bristol-tl112