Join us on our exciting journey!
IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
Predictive Analytics Product Engineering, Real World Insights
We are serious about healthcare software. We don’t have ping pong or a snooze room. We have a dedicated, collaborative team with meaningful shared goals who can use the most cutting-edge technology, the largest data sets, and the best analytics tools to achieve them. And we have fun on the journey!
We invite you to be part of a recognized global leader willing to challenge the status quo to improve patient care. You will be in good company, amongst some of the finest minds in Technology and Healthcare.
The Role: Software Engineer
You will play an essential role as part of a product engineering team, who will develop healthcare web applications with machine learning components. The ability to learn extremely fast and rapidly build skills in cutting-edge technologies is essential. You will need to bring a depth of experience in full stack development and web technologies, be open about your strengths and weaknesses, and quickly identify how to move you and your team to the next step. A broad understanding of the latest data science technologies is a plus but not a requirement.
You will need to understand the full range of tasks involved in constructing effective and beautiful user-facing applications, from the underlying processing to the end-user experience. You will need to be highly collaborative, innovative and flexible. You must be excellent at communication, writing high quality code and taking initiative.
Our ideal candidate: Experience
- You will have a strong background in commercial software development. You will have worked on multiple web applications, both back-end and front-end, with modern languages and frameworks.
- You have experience working with Agile methodology such as Scrum or Kanban and familiarity with software development practices such as Continuous Integration, Behaviour-Driven Development and DevOps. You will have strong opinions on how to design high-quality, maintainable code for the long-term.
- You will have had some commercial experience of data exploration, cleansing, and the processing of messy data and experience working with very large datasets in SQL databases.
- You will have a degree in a quantitative discipline (computer science, mathematics, physics, artificial intelligence or similar).
- Additionally, knowledge of the latest developments in machine learning and some experience of engineering with the relevant technologies on commercial or large academic projects is welcome.
Our ideal candidate: Tech Skills
- Must have experience working with REST architectures and API design.
- Experience (at least one project) working with a variety of data storage and processing technologies such as SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, Redis, MongoDB, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Cassandra.
- Bonus points for a demonstrable interest (e.g. public GitHub repo, or online course completion) in at least one of the following machine learning libraries (or equivalents): TensorFlow, scikit-learn, Spark MLLib or CRAN packages for machine learning.
- Bonus points for working with cloud technologies such as AWS, GCP, Azure and also container systems like Docker and Kubernetes.
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve human health outcomes.
Whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there!
We invite you to join IQVIA™.
IQVIA is a strong advocate of diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We believe that a work environment that embraces diversity will give us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and enhance our success. We believe that an inclusive and respectful workplace culture fosters a sense of belonging among our employees, builds a stronger team, and allows individual employees the opportunity to maximize their personal potential.
How to apply
Please send your CV to email@example.com