Twitch :: Software Engineer: Search & Discovery
We deal with some of the most challenging problems in the industry. Our scale and speed of our growth forces us to experiment with techniques and technologies only the very biggest websites ever need to use. If you would like to work in a challenging engineering environment where every new project is a learning opportunity, you've come to the right place.
The Search and Discovery team at Twitch is looking for strong, technical engineers to help build upon and improve the user experience around finding new content. You have to have a knack for re-using existing technologies and understanding how to apply those in crafting the right recommendation systems. We have lots of users and lots of data to work with, so this will be fun and challenging. Ideally you have experience and wisdom from building large AI and Machine Learning systems around search and recommendations. A strong interest in doing so would be fine too, provided you are a stellar engineer.
- Design, build, and maintain scalable search services, recommendation systems, and newsfeeds.
- Cultivate engineering best practices within your group and engineering
- Participate in code and design reviews.
- Mentor and cultivate junior engineers
- Participate in design and architecture sessions with other product and team leads
- Providing engineering input into our product planning and scheduling processes
- A degree in Computer Science, or equivalent industry experience.
- 3+ years of development experience as a software engineer working on customer-facing and web-based systems
- Experience building large, scalable systems
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Experience writing Go in production ready systems
- Hands on experience building services using Amazon Web Services
- Hands on experience working with and building SOA architecture
- Experience with large data stores (DynamoDB, HBase, Cassandra)
- Experience with graph databases (Titan, Neo4j, TinkerPop, Gremlin)
- Experience with search systems (ElasticSearch, AWS CloudSearch, Solr, Lucene)
- Experience with data pipelines (Kafka, AWS Kinesis, NSQ)
- Experience with AI or Machine Learning systems (Mahout, Weka, Spark MLib)
- Experience with stream processing (Spark, Storm)
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life
- 401(k) savings plan with a company match
- Catered daily lunch and dinners (and hearty breakfasts three times a week)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Monthly in-office massages
- Corporate gym membership
- Free Clipper Card to pay for your commute from anywhere in the Bay Area
- Flexible time off policy
- Weekly happy hours and opportunity to attend one gaming event or tournament
- Top of the line technology to help you build your own workspace
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at: http://twitch.tv
How to apply
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.