Snug's vision is to make renting easier. We're out to reimagine the renting experience, deliver lower cost services and better value for owners, renters and managers. Our values are: bold, empowering, transparent and authentic and we're here to have fun along the way.
Snug is led by an experienced team of passionate and successful entrepreneurs, and supported by leading advisors and investors. We're located in the heart of Sydney CBD.
Snug Match helps property managers find and select the best tenant faster with easy to use and effective streamlined workflow solution. Snug makes finding the best home easier for tenants.
Snug BondCover is a low cost bond guarantee that protects owners but frees up renters’ previous cash unlocking $4 billion in cash rental bonds.
We're after thoughtful, driven engineers who are passionate and take pride in the positive impact of their work, thrive when working in a fast-paced environment with interesting people and love building great software products and platforms. We value continuous learning, enthusiasm and the confidence to get involved in most projects.
We're looking for a mid-level software engineer with experience in consumer software products, solid back-end exposure and a desire to learn and get involved in any elements of the stack.
Joining Snug will mean getting in on the ground floor to build software and products that will change the lives of millions of people in Australia and around the world. This is an opportunity to join and shape that journey.
As a Software Engineer, you will need:
- Self-starter mentality
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5+ years of quality software development experience in consumer software products
- Demonstrated passion for learning new languages, technologies and frameworks
- Solid Go (Golang) or similar back-end expertise (Java, C, .Net) and a demonstrated willingness to learn quickly (We use Golang)
- Exposure to development of stateful, RESTful services and other back end solutions (e.g. integrations and data processing)
- Exposure to building data persistence and caching concepts using SQL and, desirably NoSQL DBMS (e.g.: MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, etc.)
- Enough DevOps experience to set up, configure and maintain your own dev/build environment and continuous integration/development systems.
- A solid understanding of development practices (e.g. Git/DVCS, Agile software development, test-driven development, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, etc.)
How to apply
Send us why it should be you to firstname.lastname@example.org. We'd love to talk.
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please let us know so that we can keep the jobs all about Go.