Title: Senior Backend Engineer (Engagement, LIKEtoKNOW.it)
Location: Dallas, Texas (Location During COVID: Fully remote until further notice)
Reports to: Manager of Engineering
Job Purpose: Join the RewardStyle Family! We are looking for talented senior developers who are passionate about tackling challenging features and interesting problems at scale. You'll be working with a team of highly motivated and fast-moving professionals focused on creating innovative features, services, and products.
The Team: The engagement team is working to make LIKEtoKNOW.it the best place to search, browse, and discover your favorite products and influencers. We want to provide shoppers the best experience to keep them coming back time and time again.
- Architecting and developing web, software, and mobile apps.
- Coming up with feasible and practical solutions to tough problems.
- Write very high-quality code that is robust and easy to maintain with tests.
- Drive tasks to completion and take ownership of projects.
- Work and succeed in a fast-paced and agile development environment.
- Identify and drive improvements to our software and development processes.
- Conduct peer design/code reviews.
- Work with distributed teams across different time zones.
- Technical subject matter expert, who mentors fellow engineers, demonstrates technical experience and leads teams in solving challenging problems.
- 7+ years of software development experience.
- History of designing and building highly scalable distributed systems and processes in a cloud environment.
- Experience with AWS systems such as ECS, Lambda, and RDS (among others).
- Experience working in a containerized environment (preferably Docker).
- Experience writing services in Golang.
- Proven experience designing and scaling relational databases.
- Have built scalable internal and public-facing APIs (REST, JSON, HTTP).
- Experience integrating 3rd party API's (REST, OAuth).
- Comfortable shipping code multiple times per day.
- Strong technical leadership and mentoring skills.
- Ability to model and conceptualize the integrations across complex systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Nice to have:
- Prior experience in eCommerce.
- Experience with Python.
- Experience with non-relational data stores such as DynamoDB or Cassandra.
- Knowledge of domain-driven design.
- Experiencing building search products.
What's in it for you?
- Interesting problems to solve
- Competitive comp and benefits including 401K
- Flexible work schedule plus Summer Fridays (Workday ends at 3 pm)
- Disrupting the retail industry!
- Work and workout from home with our live Virtual Fitness Classes!
- Virtual Company Happy Hours and Virtual Team Events!
COVID Working Status: The health and safety of our employees remain the number one priority at rewardStyle during COVID-19. In an effort to keep our employees and their families safe during this time, we have temporarily closed our brick and mortar offices to all employees. The entire company is working remotely until further notice.
What you have to look forward to when we are back in the office!
- Fully stocked bars and a kitchen (free snacks all day!)
- Catered meals weekly
- Monthly Chair massages
- Laidback office environment
- Monthly themed Happy Hours!
- Free access to state of the art gym in our Dallas HQ
- Free Covered Parking on-site at our Dallas HQ
Influencer Marketing is a rapidly growing space at the intersection of social media, advertising, and eCommerce. As the creator of this space, rewardStyle and our consumer-facing app, LIKEtoKNOW.it offers the world's premier lifestyle influencers the ability to start their own business. Our technology platform provides them the tools, strategies, and support they need.
We run nearly $2B of retail sales per year through the rewardStyle platform and the LIKEtoKNOW.it consumer app has more than 1.5M monthly active consumers connecting directly with our network of influencers and spending nearly $1B annually in the owned and operated channel. We are expanding rapidly and have tremendous growth ahead.
rewardStyle's Engineering team is made up of talented software developers and customer-focused individuals who are passionate about tackling complex and interesting problems at a large scale and continuously delivering innovative products and features. Today, #rStheFamily has 250+ team members working from rewardStyle offices in Dallas, London, New York, Shanghai, São Paulo, Los Angeles, and Berlin.
We are not offering sponsorship opportunities at this time for persons requiring employment visas, such as an H-1B; authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of rewardStyle are considered the property of rewardStyle and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
rewardStyle is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to apply
Please apply at this link - https://rewardstyle.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=280
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.