Buzzer is a new mobile-only platform that provides curated short-form access to live sports content so fans never have to miss a moment. We are seeking a motivated Sr. Platform Engineer with extensive cloud infrastructure and backend engineering experience to join Buzzer. This is a critical role on our engineering team to build a scalable and accurate solution to serve customers personalized notifications regarding upcoming, interesting live sports look-ins. The role will be essential to building out our backend as we partner with various sports leagues and data providers, each with their own sets of specs and requirements.
In this role you will:
Coach and Mentor: As a technical competence leader, be responsible for coaching and mentoring engineers across architecture design, programming languages, and other areas of their professional development in order to grow and level up the engineering organization.
Platform Engineering: Directly work on the implementation and development of backend microservices and management of related data stores. You will work closely with other engineering teams to identify and meet their needs in a collaborative, agile environment.
Cloud Architecture: Build highly scalable services to support web-based applications and client devices. You will create secure, multi-tenant services, including databases and middleware.
Continuous Integration and Deployment: Create and maintain continuous integration and deployment processes, ensuring the entire CI/CD pipeline works as intended.
Buzzer is presently a fully distributed company, which will require this individual to be collaborative, proactive, and comfortable working remotely. You will report directly to Luis Reyes, Engineering Manager, Platform, as well as work very closely and collaboratively with the broader engineering teams and product.
- Experience developing and managing scalable infrastructure and applications in the cloud (ideally within AWS)
- Experience with microservice development
- Experience with Terraform (or other IaaC tools, such as CloudFormation)
- Experience with Golang (or other strongly typed languages, such as Java, C, C++)
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases (such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, and Redis)
- Familiarity with Test-Driven and Behavior-Driven Development (TDD/BDD)
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Working knowledge of source control systems, including Git
- Previous experience working in an agile environment with 2-week sprints
- Experience working with data analytics and data science
- Experience building machine learning pipelines, particularly for recommendation engines
- Experience build data lakes and data pipelines
- Experience working with graph databases (such as Amazon Neptune)
- Experience with sports media applications and/or design
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.