Pusher’s APIs provide real-time capabilities to thousands of developers around the globe. Every day billions of messages are sent through millions of WebSocket connections to our servers. Through our many SDKs we make it easy for developers to make amazing real-time features like chat, live updates, and various collaborative tools.
Last year Pusher joined forces with MessageBird and together we are transforming the communications landscape as one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world. Our cloud communications platform makes it possible for businesses to instantly connect with over 7 billion phones globally, allowing them to speak with their customers in the same ways they talk to their friends.
Our suite provides access to all major messaging channels, from SMS and Voice to WeChat, Messenger, Facebook, WhatsApp and more. We provide out-of-the-box solutions with our own applications like Inbox and Flow Builder, plus a robust set of APIs that simplify workflows and automation.
With over 25,000 customers — including some of the world’s biggest brands like Facebook, Deliveroo, Uber and WhatsApp — it’s likely that you’ve benefited from MessageBird’s omnichannel technology at some point. For small and mid-sized businesses, we also offer support and solutions through an Online Self-Serve (OSS) dashboard.
Our global team is a powerhouse of 700 employees, who work across 10 international offices. We’re excited that you’re here and interested.
How we work
We work fast, grow fast, and build fast. Life at MessageBird moves in fast-forward motion. We’re a team that focuses on making an impact — right from day one. We are go-getters, industry leaders, and dreamers. Risk takers. Roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen kind of people. We thrive on transparency, and we value solution-minded attitudes.
We love shaping things together and leveraging different perspectives, because that makes our products better. Our Birds are empowered with freedom and opportunity; in return, we expect honesty, courage, and agility. We own our work, and sometimes we fail. And then we get back up and cross the finish line — together as a team. Sound refreshing? We think so, too.
The role: Sr Software Engineer (Go) - MessageBird Pusher
Senior Software Engineers play a key role in our product engineering squads. You’ll be responsible for helping design, develop and maintain our communication products and related services. This will enable our customers to send out millions of Push notifications; provide rock-stable WebSocket infrastructure to enable amazing real-time and interactive experiences.
Our product engineering squads have the freedom and authority to create impactful products to empower both our internal and external customers. We use an agile development methodology, meaning we deploy code multiple times per day while ensuring our applications are rigorously tested and statically analyzed.
What you’ll do
- Help design and build a performant, scalable and fault-tolerant communication platform.
- Team with engineers to solve system design and implementation problems (and get a thrill out of every triumph!).
- Work with and enable engineers from other teams who interact with the platform.
- Problem-solve issues based on business/customer need and impact, working with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Teach others: One of the most meaningful tasks of a Senior Engineer is improving the knowledge level of the team members.
- You will flourish working in a hyper-growth environment where the next project is ready to be picked up.
What you’ll bring
- At least 5 years of relevant software development experience
- Strong experience in Go
- Experience with Docker, Containers and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of (cloud) infrastructure principles (load balancing, high availability, containerized services, database configurations) is a bonus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
Psst… some added perks
- The ability to Work Anywhere — literally anywhere you want, as long as it’s in the same time zone as your team (yup… you read that right!). This comes with the added benefit of finding the right work-life balance for you by following our 80/20 rule
- WFH office set-up allowance
- Top-notch work equipment (including Bose headphones!).
- MessageBird swag to keep you well-dressed.
- The occasional (virtual) company-wide and team events.
- A team of (fast-)forward-thinking, talented and fun colleagues from more than 50 countries!
How to apply
Apply with resume https://grnh.se/3b9fa8582us
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.