Fresh8 Gaming is hiring for a Systems Developer / Site Reliability Engineer to develop, run and scale the cloud infrastructure underpinning our high-traffic live services, to automate the deployment and configuration of our entire software stack, and to guide our software engineers as we optimise our codebase.
This is a hands-on position, a mix of project work, custom coding, platform improvements and BAU operations. You will work increasingly closely with our platform software engineering team, understanding the stack from a code level, and helping to optimise and scale our microservices within the codebase itself.
Backed by Dom, our Head of Engineering, you'll have freedom to explore and implement the right solutions, making the most of open source technology and contributing back upstream. Your work will help us continue to build great software and ensure we have complete site reliability and effective scaling.
- Reviewing our infrastructure, articulating its development objectives and priorities
- Formalising our infrastructure development roadmap for a growing customer base
- Introducing workflows for postmortems, error budgeting and incident reports
- Establishing operational policies, procedures and SLA's
- Helping us Dockerize our applications and evaluate Kubernetes
- Helping us scale our Golang and Python services and getting involved in development of the various microservices that make up the stack
- You can articulate improvements within software engineering for operational benefit
- Proven back-end coding skills and ready to transfer to Go from any of: C++, Clojure, Java, Node.js, PHP, Python, Ruby, Scala etc.
- Able to shape and run Site Reliability operations for high-traffic production services
- Champion a holistic DevOps approach and you automate effectively
- A fan of, or willing to learn, Hashicorp tools such as Terraform, Consul, Vagrant, and others
- Strong SysOps skills, and you relish the challenges of scaling infrastructure
- Strong scripting skills, using any of: Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby, Shell, Tcl, etc.
- May be considering other Mid or Senior level Systems Developer jobs in Bristol such as: Systems Engineer | Back End Developer | Software Automation Engineer | Platform Engineer | Site Reliability Engineer | DevOps Engineer | Node Developer | Python Developer | Golang Developer | Cloud Developer | etc.
Our current technology mix - we'll help you get up to speed
Python and Golang services | Google Cloud Platform | Ansible | Debian | Redis | Google BigQuery | MongoDB | PostgreSQL | Aerospike | Prometheus | Grafana | Google PubSub | and more...
Salary and benefits
- £50,000 - £60,000+ negotiable
- Flexible working practices | 25 days paid holiday | a broad range of practical benefits provided via Perkbox | opportunities to grow your skillset using the latest technologies| personal development time/resources/conferences budget | choose your own hardware | season ticket loan and bike scheme | team outings and inter-office socials, we have offices both in Bristol and London | our whole stack is based on open source software, we've contributed to open source frameworks and plan to open source the reusable components from our application
Fresh8 Gaming is developing a content serving platform that delivers contextually relevant sports betting adverts and information to existing subscribers within large betting platforms; BetStars, BetVictor, Coral, Sky Bet, The Telegraph and William Hill are example customers. This utilises open source, machine learning and runs in the cloud at scale, supporting millions of subscribers worldwide.
How to apply
Fresh8 Gaming has selected techfolk as our recruitment partner and cold calling is not welcomed. Even if your CV isn't ready, please talk with Andrew at techfolk to find out more: 0117 318 2447 | email@example.com | @we_are_techfolk