At Auden we’re on a mission to build a great business by doing the right thing. Imagine working for a company that revolutionised entire sectors, earning trust each step of the way.
Innovation in technology and data along with timeless values are at the heart of our business. We believe that companies of the future will thrive by operating in a socially responsible way.
Our first product is a short-term loan that’s easier, fairer and cheaper for people who’ve typically been underserved or overcharged. We’ve developed a range of new products and services that will be affordable, flexible and always on the side of our customers with many more in the pipeline.
As a Technical Lead, you'll be responsible for leading the design and technical implementation of one (or more) of our products. You'll oversee and drive the techical excellence of your cross-function engineering squad, and take ownership over the deployment and maintenance of your code base.
This role is suited to a Senior Engineer who is passionate about technology, experimenting with the latest tools and enjoys supporting other Engineers to deliver quality code and value to our customers.
What you'll be doing
- Working with the senior technical leadership team to shape the architecture and technical standards of our products.
- Ownership over the full lifecycle of feature development from implementation, approach, testing, release, and optimisation.
- You'll collaborate with other Engineers and Technical Leads across our product value streams and technical stack to deliver quality products and positive user experiences.
- Lead a ‘run what you write’ approach, encouraging the squad to have full ownership over the deployment and maintenance of their code.
- Conduct code reviews and deliver suitable solutions through the entire SDLC within the squad/value stream.
- You'll drive engineering best practice, leading the evolution of practices across the delivery squad.
Your skills and experience
- You'll be fluent in Go.
- You'll be confident with cloud tech, ideally AWS and/or GCP, and have an understanding of essential DevOps principles.
- You'll be an advocate of TDD, clean code, and continous intergration and continous delivery (CI/CD).
- You operate at your best when given independence and autonomy.
- You'll enjoy mentoring other Engineers to increase capability and expertise within your squad.
- Can establish yourself as Engineering Leader who can guide the team to ensure best practices and innovative approaches are taken.
- And you'll be a strong influencer who can communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences, clearly and concisely.
Your package and perks
This role offers a salary up to £75,000 plus you’ll enjoy a wide-ranging benefits package worth 10% of your salary. You can take your pick from things that matter to you including healthcare, life insurance and enhanced pension contributions.
We're proud to offer incredible maternity and paternity options to those who are expecting a new arrival. There are also a bunch of everyday perks that’ll make life easier and even save you money.
How to apply
Please send a CV or any questions to email@example.com
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.