Fraugster is a German-Israeli payment security company with the goal of eliminating fraud and increasing our customers’ profits. Over the last two years we’ve invented an artificial intelligence technology that combines human-like accuracy with machine scalability. This ability lets us foresee fraudulent attacks before they actually happen and gives us a distinct competitive advantage over every other player in the payment security space.
We are currently recruiting for a rare individual to join our team in Berlin as Fraugster’s VP of Engineering (f/m). Motivated, intelligent and unique; you will truly be pivotal to the engineering department’s success within the company.
- You will provide overall strategy and technical direction for the development team
- You will be responsible for and lead all projects and deliveries within the engineering domain
- You will set up the technical vision, roadmap and workflow for a team of 11 Back and Front End Developers and DevOps Engineers whilst reporting directly to the CTO
- You will be required to work in a collaborative, cross functional environment
- You will interact with the company board and serve as a key participant of the management and leadership team
- You will frame objectives and standards of performance for the team, as well as establish individual goals and procedures
- You will motivate your staff, whilst providing direction and guidance
- You will assist with the growth of the engineering team by hosting interviews as required
- You will develop your team members both professionally and personally as they take on greater responsibilities
- You will travel to events, conferences and industry shows as required (both domestic and international)
The skills and requirements for the role include:
- You have 10+ years’ experience within development and engineering
- You have 4+ years’ management experience
- You are fluent in business English and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You are passionate about managing and mentoring people
- You are a natural leader, who can be both adaptable and flexible to business needs whilst displaying integrity and emotional maturity
- You have professional experience within a start up
- You acquired a related academic degree
- You have demonstrable experience in scaling both teams and product architecture to comply with global operations
- You have hands-on experience with big-data/high availability products
- You have experience with containerized environments with Docker, CoreOS and Kubernetes
- You have stakeholder management experience
In return, you will not only secure a once in a lifetime role but we will also offer you the following:
- A leadership position in a high-growth company – build your team, drive quality, shape the culture and make an IMPACT
- A brand new, modern office in the heart of Berlin
- Competitive salary & company shares
- A creative, focused and dedicated team environment
- Bi-monthly company social events; poker, volleyball, chocolate making, pub crawl.. You name it!
- An opportunity to be an integral part of an organisation that encourages innovation, contribution and creativity
- The challenge of fighting the good fight against cyber-criminals, shoulder to shoulder with the best industry experts, using the most advanced AI technology
We look forward to receiving your application!
How to apply
We are looking forward to receiving your application via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.